Town of Huachuca City
DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY
A PROCLAMATION OF THE MAYOR OF THE TOWN OF HUACHUCA CITY, COCHISE COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS FOR THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF THE TOWN AND ITS RESIDENTS.
WHEREAS, on March 11, 2020, the Governor of the State of Arizona, Douglas A. Ducey, determined that the COVID-19 outbreak presents conditions in Arizona that justified his declaration of a State of Emergency; and
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2020, the President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump, found and proclaimed that the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States constituted a national emergency; and
WHEREAS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – in an effort to control the COVID-19 outbreak – are currently recommending social distancing, the cancellation of non-essential large gatherings of more than 50 people, and that individuals older than 60 years of age and those with chronic medical conditions should not attend gatherings of more than 10 people; and
WHEREAS, on March 19, 2020, I, Mayor Johann Wallace issued Proclamation 2020-01 declaring a state of emergency exists within the Town of Huachuca City; and
WHEREAS, on March 20, 2020, Cochise County confirmed its first case of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to take additional preventative measures in the interests of public health as encouraged by the Governor.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Johann R. Wallace, Mayor of the Town of Huachuca City, Arizona, by the authority vested in me by the laws of the State of Arizona and Town Code and by this Proclamation do:
- declare a State of Emergency still exists in the Town of Huachuca City; and
- direct the implementation of Governor Ducey’s executive order 2020-09 which limits the operation of certain businesses to slow the spread of COVID-19; and
a. Beginning 11:59:59 PM on Friday March 20, 2020, all restaurants within the Town of Huachuca City will immediately close access to on-site dining until further notice, but can continue to serve customers through delivery, dine-out or drive-through services; and
- order and direct the suspension of late-fee accumulation for all residential and business utility accounts effective 11:59:59 PM on Friday March 20, 2020; and
- order and direct the suspension of late-fee accumulation for all past-due landfill accounts effective 11:59:59 PM on Friday March 20, 2020; and
- order and direct our public works department to immediately suspend all service disconnect actions for non-payment; and
- order and direct our Chief of Police to develop, publicize and implement additional protection measures to care for the public and the officers; and
- respectfully request all local businesses, residents and visitors to adhere to the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines through the implementation of social distancing, limit the size of groups to no more than 10 persons and following all other prescribed measures to slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This Declaration and Order shall remain in full force and effect until amended or terminated by further order of the Mayor or Town Council.
ORDERED by the Mayor of the Town of Huachuca City, Cochise County, Arizona, this 20th day of March, 2020 at 6:44 PM.