COVID-19 MITIGATION STRATEGY FOR HOLIDAY EVENTS 2021
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-59, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Arizona Department of Health Services, the Town of Huachuca City has adopted the following Covid-19 mitigation plan.
Holiday traditions and holiday events are important to the residents of Huachuca City and the
surrounding area. Holidays are brighter when we can celebrate together. The Town wants to
provide safe opportunities for friends and families to mark the holiday season. We can
celebrate safely together at holiday events and still protect public health. To that end, the Town of Huachuca City has adopted the following Covid-19 mitigation plan.
1. We recommend participants who are not fully vaccinated wear well-fitting masks over the
nose and mouth when in public indoor settings. Even those who are fully vaccinated should
consider wearing a mask in public indoor settings in areas with substantial to high transmission.
2. Other general considerations are:
• Outdoors is safer than indoors, but participants are urged to consider wearing masks in
crowded outdoor settings when in close contact with others who may not be fully
• Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces if possible.
• If you are sick, stay home. Please do not attend public gatherings.
• Practice social distancing whenever possible.
3. Some people with specific medical conditions or who are taking medications that weaken
their immune system may not be fully protected even if they are fully vaccinated. If this applies to you, please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on how to stay safe when attending public events.
4. People with, or recently exposed to, COVID-19 should not participate in public town
gatherings. We recommend that you stay home if you or anyone in your household:
• Has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and has not met the criteria for when it is safe to
be around others
• Has symptoms of COVID-19
• Is waiting for COVID-19 viral test results
• Is unvaccinated and has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Is at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
For those persons who choose to attend the Town’s Holiday events:
✓ All guests are encouraged to practice social distancing, when possible.
✓ Masks are not required, but unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to wear properly
fitting masks when gathering indoors.
✓ Town personnel will clean commonly touched surfaces and any shared items with EPA
✓ Town personnel and volunteers may serve hot cocoa and cookies at the Polar Express
event. Servers will adhere to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control in preparing
and serving the hot cocoa and will wear masks and gloves.
✓ All Town personnel working at public holiday events will wear masks when indoors.
✓ If you attend a town-sponsored event and notice unsafe behavior or non-compliance with
this mitigation plan, please notify one of the town staff right away.
Adopted by Town Administration on December 6, 2021
Sent to the Arizona Department of Health Services on December 7, 2021